Our Environmental Policy
Barr Gazetas are committed to maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) designed to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and to reduce our environmental impact of our activities at every stage, from design decisions; to the sourcing of office supplies and services and our activities within the office and onsite with our construction projects.
Barr Gazetas knows that our activities and operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. We are committed to improving the environmental performance of the business.
This Environmental Policy and accompanying certified EMS ensure that our impact is monitored and that our staff are aware of the importance of our contribution. It also provides a framework for setting, monitoring, reviewing and achieving our objectives, programmes and targets.
– Consider environmental management as a key part of a successful and forward-looking business.
– Encourage environmental best practice within the wider industry.
To achieve our aims, we will:
– Ensure that our activities and operations reflect environmental best practice. Maintain our Environmental Management System within the requirements of the international standard ISO 14001.
– Reduce our carbon footprint using strategies for our energy, gas and water usage, transportation, offsetting CO2 emissions where appropriate, using environmentally accredited office suppliers and reducing the frequency of deliveries and minimising our consumable needs and the waste generated within our office.
– Promote sustainability as an integral part of all of our projects by designing appropriately; and considering the materials, types of construction, durability and carbon footprint of the designs impact and encourage the specification of energy efficient equipment.
– Our supply chains are key to achieving these aims. We will include environmental performance in selection criteria for consultants, contractors and sub-contractors and training in environmental issues to fully understand the environmental effects of their activities.
– Actively engage in research, events and the promotion of sustainable building methods and designs, contributing and strengthening our knowledge to ensure that we remain innovative industry leaders within our field.
To ensure the company maintains its awareness for continuous improvement, the environmental system is regularly reviewed by top management to ensure it remains appropriate and suitable to our business. Our Environmental System is subject to both internal and external annual audits.
Jon Eaglesham, Managing Director, has overall responsibility for the Environmental Policy. Our Policy and EMS are available for any stakeholders to review.