We are Hiring: Finance Director
Date: August 23
About Barr Gazetas
Founded in 1993, Barr Gazetas is an award-winning Studio based in London’s West End. The Barr Gazetas team is an impressive mix of over 50 Architects, Interior Designers, Master Planners & Creative Support.
Our award-winning projects span a broad range of sectors including workplace, fit-out, residential, public realm and mixed-use.
Our philosophy is simple. We create intelligent design that delights, elevates spaces and places with purpose, and puts people at the heart.
Our design approach ensures we bring a brief to life and embed vision and purpose across multiple, increasingly interrelated, touchpoints. We take challenging sites and work with people and places to unlock their inherent and often unforeseen value. Together we are driven by a deep desire to enrich and improve daily life.
At Barr Gazetas we bring a fresh perspective, we listen and challenge (in the right way). The result is co-created outcomes that genuinely surpass everyone’s measures of success. We enjoy working with clients, agents and consultants to create distinctive and flexible buildings.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Finance Director to join our award-winning Studio, based in London’s West End.
The Finance Director will work alongside the MD, Directors and Heads of Department to outline company goals and oversee the organisation's long-term financial health and will coach and develop our Finance Coordinator with support from the Studio Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the business, ensuring the efficient and effective management of all financial resources and will be a strategic partner to the Directors, providing financial insights, guidance, and support to drive informed decision-making. Your expertise in financial due diligence and planning will be instrumental in identifying and evaluating potential issues, risks and future proofing the company.
Minimum of 3-day per week is essential for this role and will be reporting to the Managing Director.
To support our team with their wellbeing and personal commitments, we offer flexible start and finish times, working from home one day per week, and five days per year working from anywhere.
Audit & Reporting
- Managing cash flow for the business.
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, cash flow updates and maintenance
- Overseeing all reporting, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Monthly presentation and analysis of financial results to key members of the business.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and timely completion of audits.
- Overall responsibility for the company's financial health, including implementing financial strategies, policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the business accounting processes end to end.
- Analysing variances from plans and budgets and identifying areas requiring improvement. Considering the results to identify the risks, threats, opportunities and challenges, enabling contingency planning to take place.
- Ensure the group meet their AOP targets and do not breach any covenants.
Project Finance & Invoicing:
- Weekly project health checks with Senior Teams.
- Project progress reports.
- Oversee monthly client invoices, debtors and maintenance of project cashflow.
Payroll, Pension & Expenses:
- Overall responsibility for payroll and regulatory compliance.
- Sign off of all company expenses.
- Maintenance of Pension Portal & Records.
- Liaising with external consultants for monthly invoicing.
- Identification of qualifying projects & activities throughout the business.
- Data extraction & reporting.
- Annual accounts and liaison with auditors.
- Overall responsibility for regulatory reporting such as Vat, Corporation Tax, audit, and risk.
- Developing financial strategy alongside preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
- Full management of processes and controls.
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy and business decisions including business planning.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives and analysis.
- Monitoring and help direct the implementation and execution of business plans.
- Managing external relationships with banks, auditors, accountants.
- Management of relationships with auditors, insurers, IT service providers and solicitors with support from the Studio Manager.
- Responsible for managing and developing the Finance Coordinator.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to management and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
- Oversee Finance Induction with Finance Coordinator and Studio Manager.
- Utilisation of all finance systems.
- Maintenance and development of all financial reporting, financial systems and information within the business.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven experience in a similar role within Architecture, Construction or a similar industry is essential.
- Fully Qualified Accountant -, either ACA, ACCA or CIMA is essential.
- Degree level qualification in either Finance, Accounting, Business or Mathematics.
- Group and team leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Business acumen.
- Strategic thinking.
IT & Software
- Microsoft 365.
Why Barr Gazetas?
At Barr Gazetas the wellbeing of our team is of paramount importance to us, which is reflected in our benefits package and working environment. Our office space is designed to support and inspire you. We encourage the team to connect with one another by providing a complimentary healthy breakfasts, snacks and drinks and a place to share meals together, as well as arranging various social activities.
We are a diverse group, and our welcoming studio culture is based on openness, sustainability, and learning. We provide many learning opportunities through training, CPD’s, talks, visits to cultural events and supporting those who are studying.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. Therefore, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, underrepresented groups, the LGBTQIA+ community and people with disabilities who have the required skills and experience.
We are a proud to be in the final stages of registering as a BCorp which means we meet the highest standards of sustainability and social responsibility for companies in our industry.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your CV with a cover letter, stating why you are interested in the role, by email to email@example.com
We apologise in advance that we may not be able to respond to all applications.