We are Hiring: Part 2 Architectural Assistants
Date: September 23
About Barr Gazetas
Founded in 1993, Barr Gazetas is an award-winning Studio based in London’s West End. The Barr Gazetas team is an impressive mix of over 50 Architects, Interior Designers, Master Planners & Creative Support.
Our award-winning projects span a broad range of sectors including workplace, fit-out, residential, public realm and mixed-use.
Our philosophy is simple. We create intelligent design that delights, elevates spaces and places with purpose, and puts people at the heart.
Our design approach ensures we bring a brief to life and embed vision and purpose across multiple, increasingly interrelated, touchpoints. We take challenging sites and work with people and places to unlock their inherent and often unforeseen value. Together we are driven by a deep desire to enrich and improve daily life.
At Barr Gazetas we bring a fresh perspective, we listen and challenge (in the right way). The result is co-created outcomes that genuinely surpass everyone’s measures of success. We enjoy working with clients, agents and consultants to create distinctive and flexible buildings.
To support our team with their wellbeing and personal commitments, we offer flexible start and finish times, working from home one day per week, and five days per year working from anywhere.
Experience & Qualifications:
- RIBA Part II qualification.
- A good knowledge and understanding of all RIBA stages.
- An understanding of clients’ requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- An understanding of current legislation, standards, building technologies, environmental design and construction methods.
Skills & Attributes:
- Good hand drawing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good understanding of contract administration knowledge and application.
- Good level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Excellent technical detailing skills, along with a conscientious and sensitive approach to design
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent design and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate designs clearly and effectively.
IT & Software
- Highly IT literate.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD software and the Practice CAD Manual.
- Good knowledge of BIM and Revit software is desirable.
- Good knowledge of graphic presentations (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator etc).
Design & Project:
- Assist in preparation of a detailed method statement for each project for approval by the relevant Project Director.
- Assist the Project Lead in developing the design proposals for presentation to the client.
- Develop project plans, define the project with clear timescales, scope, costs and resource requirements for delivery on time and within budget.
- Assist in the collection of the client brief and prepare the project briefing documents.
- Assist in preparation of design and production information programmes where required.
- Take responsibility or assist with all aspects of the projects technical information.
- Attend site meetings.
- Monday Morning Meetings contribution.
- Monitor construction work on site.
- Assist Architects to ensure smooth hand over of project to client.
- Support Architects to report key project issues to Project Lead on a regular basis.
- Follow company policies and procedures and discharge your professional duties according to the RIBA and ARB Professional Code of Conduct and the Practice’s vision, values and strategy.
- Represent the Practice and positively enhance its reputation.
- Create and maintain a positive working environment for all staff.
- Be an ambassador at all times and an expert in our core work.
- Attend CPDs on a regular basis and maintain an up-to-date CPD record.
- Maintain an accurate record of all meetings and actions where required.
- Attend internal and external meetings and presentations where required.
- Represent the Practice at all levels, especially client liaison.
- Comply with the Practice Health and Safety Policy.
- Comply with CDM regulations whilst on site.
- Keep accurate timesheets and submit them in a timely manner.
Why Barr Gazetas?
At Barr Gazetas the wellbeing of our team is of paramount importance to us, which is reflected in our benefits package and working environment. Our office space is designed to support and inspire you. We encourage the team to connect with one another by providing a complimentary healthy breakfasts, snacks and drinks and a place to share meals together, as well as arranging various social activities.
We are a diverse group, and our welcoming studio culture is based on openness, sustainability, and learning. We provide many learning opportunities through training, CPD’s, talks, visits to cultural events and supporting those who are studying.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. Therefore, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, underrepresented groups, the LGBTQIA+ community and people with disabilities who have the required skills and experience.
We are a proud to be in the final stages of registering as a BCorp which means we meet the highest standards of sustainability and social responsibility for companies in our industry.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your CV with a cover letter, stating why you are interested in the role, by email to email@example.com
We apologise in advance that we may not be able to respond to all applications.