Each of our projects for Greenwich Hospital benefitted from our local historical knowledge and expertise. Designed in the 1800s, the corner unit at 1 Nelson Road had previously been combined with 20 King William Walk. We refurbished and extended the ground and basement floors to create a new anchor restaurant at a gateway into Greenwich, and sensitively reconfigured the upper storeys into two residential apartments.
“The Grade II listed 1 Nelson Road forms part of a terrace designed by Joseph Kay in 1839, while the neighbouring - also Grade II listed - King William Walk townhouses were built in the 1930s as part of a separate development”
Jon Eaglesham, Managing Director, Barr Gazetas
14 Nelson Road is a locally-listed, mixed-use Art Deco building within the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site. Our restoration included a new landmark restaurant on the ground and first floors, and three two bedroom apartments on the existing second floor and a new third floor roof extension. Our new zinc-clad penthouse extension follows the rhythm of the existing facade with incised mouldings and spandrel panels.
At Greenwich Church Street we restored four period high street buildings to provide two popular ground floor retail units and six generous two- and three-bedroom residential apartments on the upper floors. We refurbished two Grade II listed terrace properties and a prominent corner site, mixing heritage with modern design and adding vibrancy to the local high street.